How To Export WooCommerce Customers to CSV or XML
To export your customers, go to WP All Export › New Export and select WooCommerce Customers. Next, drag and drop from the Available Data section to create your export file. Then run the export and download your CSV or XML.
WordPress Users vs WooCommerce Customers
A WooCommerce customer is a specific type of WordPress user.
When someone visits your WooCommerce site and creates a purchase, WooCommerce creates a user account for them. This user account is assigned the role customer, with a set of WooCommerce specific data attached to their account.
Drag and Drop to Export WooCommerce Customer Data
All data tied to WooCommerce customers is in the Available Data section. Drag and drop data elements from right to left to customize your export file.
Exporting WooCommerce Customer Data
WooCommerce customer data is divided into four different sections: Standard, Address, Custom Fields, and Other.
All basic export fields tied to your WooCommerce customers are in Available Data › Standard. This data is standard for all WordPress user accounts:
- ID: Customer ID, which is actually the user ID assigned by WordPress
- Username: The username the user chose when creating their account
- User Email: Email address associated with the customer account
- First Name: Customer's first name
- Last Name: Customer's last name
- User Registered: Date when the customer registered
- User Nicename: Sanitized version of the username
- User URL: Website associated with the customer account
- Display Name: The name to be displayed publicly, which is selected in WordPress as either the username, first/last, or nickname
- Nickname: A name chosen by the user to be displayed on the frontend
- Description: A description of the user, also labeled as Biographical Info in WordPress
Address fields tied to your WooCommerce customers in Available Data › Address. These address fields are added by WooCommerce and stored in WordPress as custom user meta.
Every customer in WooCommerce has a billing address and a shipping address. Both sets of addresses are organized in the same way:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
Custom fields added to your WooCommerce Customers are in Available Data › Custom Fields. Custom fields are extra information (or metadata) added by your plugins or themes, and they are automatically detected by WP All Export.
For example, WooCommerce adds an "_order_count" custom field which keeps track of how many orders a customer has done.
Other less used export fields tied to your WooCommerce customers are in Available Data › Other.
Exporting WooCommerce Customer Passwords
To export a WooCommerce customer password, include the User Pass export field from Available Data › Other.
These are hashes of the passwords, not the passwords themselves. Hashing is a one-way action that irreversibly scrambles a string of text. It is not possible to reverse the hashing process and reveal the original password. You can, however, import the hashed passwords back into WordPress and customers will be able to log in with their old password.
Use WP All Export to obtain WooCommerce Orders in a CSV or XML file.
Export WooCommerce Products into a CSV or XML file with WP All Export.
Schedule and automate your export using cron jobs.
Export WordPress users to a CSV or XML file using WP All Export.
Export custom fields from any theme or third-party plugin.