WordPress Export Settings
To change the settings of an existing export, go to Manage Exports › Export Settings. You can change the filtering options, scheduling options, and settings related to the structure of the export file.
These settings can also be adjusted when creating a new export.
Here you can change existing filters, or add new ones. Your export will apply the new filters when it runs again.
Read more about filtering options: https://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/export-data-filtering/
Export can be run automatically on a schedule in a few different ways.
- Do Not Schedule: selected by default.
- Automatic Scheduling: select to use our Automatic Scheduling Service.
- Manual Scheduling: select to use cron jobs.
The Advanced Options section contains various settings that control how files are exported and structured.
- In each iteration, process X records: Exports are processed in batches. Each batch, or iteration, processes a certain number of records. If the iteration takes longer than your server's timeout setting, then the export will fail.
- Only export Posts once: Every time the export is run records that have been previously exported by this export will be ignored. Only new records will be exported.
- Only export Posts that have been modified since last export: Every time the export is run, records will only be included if they have been modified since the last time this export has been run.
- Include BOM in export file: The BOM, or byte order mark, is required by software like Excel in some cases when special non-English characters are included in the exported data.
- Create a new file each time export is run: When enabled, WP All Export will generate a new file every time that you re-run the export. The old files will not be removed, and the new file's name will include the time that the export was run.
- Split large exports into multiple files: Specify the maximum number of records to include in each file.
- Allow non-admins to run this export in Client Mode: Allow users with access to Client Mode to run this export and download the export file. Read more about Client Mode: https://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/how-to-let-clients-run-wordpress-exports/
- Friendly Name: Rename the export, displaying a custom name on the Manage Exports page.
Client Mode allows you to give access to other user roles to run/download specific exports.
Schedule and automate your export using cron jobs.
Execute custom code to modify the export data on the fly.
Use the WordPress Query class to fetch posts directly from the database.