How Do I Export Product Categories in WooCommerce?
To export product categories in WooCommerce, go to All Export > New Export in the WordPress main menu. Select Taxonomies as the export post type and Product categories as the subtype. When configuring your export layout, be sure to select the Term fields of interest.
Steps to Export Product Categories in WooCommerce
- Navigate to All Export > New Export.
- Select Taxonomies as the export post type, followed by Product categories as the subtype.
- Choose your export columns in the Drag & Drop screen.
- If you have created Product category hierarchies (i.e., subcategories) and you wish to export them, make sure you include the Parent ID, Parent Name, and Parent Slug columns.
- Configure your export settings.
- Run the export and download your file.
Visual Steps to Export Product Categories in WooCommerce
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Export WooCommerce Products with Their Product Categories?
To export products with their product categories, create a new export with a post type of WooCommerce Products. While selecting your export columns, just include the Available Data > Taxonomies > Product categories field.
How Do I Export WooCommerce Products for a Specific Product Category?
To export WooCommerce products for a specific product category, run a standard export for WooCommerce products but set a filter where Element = Product categories, Rule = In Product Cat, and the Value = the name of the category you want to export.
Export Product Categories in WooCommerce — Related Docs
Get an overview of how to export WordPress taxonomies.
Learn how to export taxonomies on their own.
Learn how to export posts (or any post type) along with their taxonomy data.
Get a complete description of how to export WooCommerce products.