How To Export WordPress Comments to CSV or XML
To export WordPress comments, go to WP All Export › New Export and select Comments. Then, drag and drop your comment data to set up your CSV/XML export file. All relevant comment data is automatically detected.
Export WordPress Comment Data
Comments data is split into four different categories in the Available Data section: Comment Data, Author Info, Parent, and Other.
Basic, commonly used comment data is accessible in Available Data › Comment Data.
- ID: The comment ID, assigned by WordPress
- Post ID: The ID of the post where this comment was made
- Content: The main content of the comment
- Approved: The comment's approval status, with 1 for approved and 0 for not approved
- Comment Date (Server Time): Date and time when the comment was made, using the timezone that your server is set to
- Comment Date (GMT): Date and time when the comment was made, in GMT/UTC time
Export Comment Author Info
The Author Info section contains all of the information and metadata related to the author of each comment.
- Author Name: The name specified by the user when they posted the comment, or the display name of the registered user account if they were logged in when the comment was made
- Author Email: The email address specified by the user when they posted the comment, or the email address attached to the registered user account if they were logged in when the comment was made
- Author URL: The URL of the author's website
- Author IP: The IP address of the entity that posted the comment
- Agent: Information describing the web browser used to post the comment
- User ID: If the author is registered on your site, this would provide that user's ID (as assigned by WordPress), otherwise, 0 is returned.
WordPress Comment Replies and Parent Posts
The Parent section contains information related to the WordPress parent post where the comment was made, and, if applicable, the parent comment that this comment is a reply to.
- Parent Post Slug: The slug of the parent post where the comment was made
- Parent Post Title: The title of the parent post
- Parent Post ID: ID of the parent post, assigned by WordPress
- Parent Comment ID: The comment ID of the parent that the exported comment is replying to
- Parent Comment Date (Server Time): Date and time when the parent comment was made, using the timezone that your server is set to
- Parent Comment Date (GMT): Date and time when the parent comment was made, in GMT/UTC time
Other Comment Data
The Other section contains automatically detected comment data added by plugins and themes. The Karma field, no longer in wide use, is also stored here.