- recipients trying to combine gift cards, use only part of them, or transfer them
- accepting the gift cards both online and in-store
- supporting their delivery through mobile devices and social media platforms
- applying specific rules about when and how gift cards can be used
- providing gift cards in multiple languages and currencies
...you'll need a way to deal with these and many other complexities. The best way to do this is to find a great gift-card plugin.
What is Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce?
Why? Because it's so comprehensive that it handles most gotchas out of the box. And if something unusual does come up, it is highly customizable. It is also backed by a support group with a proven track record of providing premium support.
Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce Free Version
Ultimate Gift Cards for WooCommerce Premium Features
- get 20+ pre-designed gift card templates, allowing you to create WooCommerce gift cards for almost any occasion (Xmas, Valentine's Day, birthdays, etc.)
- provide discounts for gift card purchases
- allow purchasers to personalize the gift card's appearance by selecting images from an image gallery or uploading an image of their own
- let purchasers buy products as a gift card
- generate physical gift cards as PDFs
- generate and use QR/Barcode codes for added security.
- send gift cards to the recipient's email address or deliver via WhatsApp or SMS notification
- schedule gift card deliveries
- automatically update balances and provide a balance checker
- generate thank-you order coupons
- import/export both online and offline coupons
- analyze gift card performance with advanced reporting
We especially like how the plugin gives purchasers the ability to customize so many important aspects of a gift card, including choosing the gift card's image, the delivery method & platform, and the delivery schedule. It is easy to see how customers might grow accustomed to using this type of platform to organize a portion of their annual gift-giving.
User Reviews and General Quality
As we always do, we also performed a much wider sweep of the internet looking for complaints about the maker of the plugin, MakeWebBetter. Everything looks clean here, too.
However, we are not recommending this plugin just because of good ratings and an absence of complaints. Because we have been making WordPress/WooCommerce import/export plugins for more than a decade, it took us a few years to get comfortable with MakeWebBetter's products. As we kept checking back on them, we saw the hallmark of most good WordPress plugin builders: continuous improvement. Second, whether you check their WordPress.org/plugins pages, Envato Market, their YouTube channel, or elsewhere, their support staff take the time to answer all public comments and inquiries.
These are the behaviors of a company determined to provide good value to its customers. And, please note, we do not accept or receive affiliate fees for any of our articles. These articles and the opinions expressed in them are written solely as a value-add for our paying customers.