The underlying goal of a points and rewards system is simple: build customer loyalty.
Why? Because it's easier to sell to existing, loyal customers than it is to win new ones.
- grant customers points for various activities including sign-up, referrals, purchases, etc.
- let customers redeem their points when making purchases
- optionally, create rewards-based membership programs
Fortunately, there are not quite as many complications associated with a points and rewards system as there are for a gift-card program. However, that doesn't mean it's easy to implement on your own. You're still going to need a professional plugin to do it properly.
What is Points and Rewards for WooCommerce?
Now that you have a basic understanding of the plugin, let's have a closer look at its features.
Points and Rewards for WooCommerce Free Version
- offer points on signup, referrals, and purchases to engage your customers
- offer points in different languages and different currencies
- assign product points globally
- assign points based on dollars spent
- manually update customer points through the Points Table
- redeem points on the Cart and Checkout pages
- notify customers through email for every points transaction
- track the points transaction of every customer with the Point Log
- use with WooCommerce Wallet system
Points and Rewards for WooCommerce Premium Features
- offer points on comments, reviews, and social sharing
- offer points on referral customer purchases
- assign product points per category and per product
- award points on birthdays
- award points on first order
- import user points
- support points sharing
- implement points expiration and points usage limits
- restrict point discounts for products that are already on sale
- exclude points on delivery fees & tax amounts
- restrict point awards to certain user roles only
- automatically adjust points in response to refunds & cancellations
- when awarding points, round them up and/or down
- let customers convert points into discount coupons
- share coupons using referral codes
- modify the email for the referral coupon code template
- configure other coupon settings
- create a multi-level membership program to reward loyal customers with exclusive offers
- use API settings to integrate plugin with other applications
User Reviews and General Quality
When reviewing all the customer comments on this plugin across multiple platforms, we did notice users identifying a couple of scenarios that are not currently handled by the plugin, such as:
- no export capabilities (we can obviously help you with that!)
- no support for a multi-vendor plugin (though it doesn't say which)
- an ability to assign fractional values to point rewards
If you have an irregular requirement of any kind, it might be wise to try the live demo for the plugin. If you can't easily answer your questions with the live demo, there is also a customer service popup on that page that allows you to interactively query MakeWebBetter's support staff.
Finally, as we always do for every plugin that we review, we performed a much wider sweep of the internet looking for complaints about the maker of the plugin, MakeWebBetter. Nothing negative turned up.
Points and Rewards for WooCommerce Pricing
A Possible Alternative
After our original publication of this article, we became aware of another Points and Rewards for WooCommerce plugin, this one from WPLoyalty. Not only is it roughly the same price as the plugin featured in this article; it also offers similar functionality. But what really caught our eye is that it is backed by Flycart, the creator of the Discount Rules for WooCommerce plugin, which has earned a 5-star user rating in 94 % of nearly 600 reviews. A company does not earn that many 5-star reviews unless it knows how to build high-quality software, so this new points and rewards plugin is definitely worth a look!
Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins
8 Best Photography Plugins for WooCommerce
Best WooCommerce Multilingual Plugins
WooCommerce How to Add Products