WP All Export & Zapier: Send your export file to over 500 apps
We’re happy to announce the integration of Zapier and WP All Export. Zapier acts as a middle man between WP All Export and over 500 apps, like Dropbox, Google Drive, Mailchimp, email, Slack, and Google Docs, amongst a long, long list of others.
Check out Zapier’s directory for a full list: https://zapier.com/zapbook/wp-all-export-pro
What does this mean?
You can use Zapier to automatically email your export file somewhere, or add it to your Dropbox, or send it to Google Drive, or pretty much anything else you can think of. Note that Zapier can only process your export file, not the data contained inside.
How does it work?
Go to Zapier.com, create an account, and make a new Zap. You’ll select WP All Export as your trigger app, and then whatever you want as your action app. Then you’ll input the URL of the website running the export, along with an API key found on the settings page of WP All Export.
Every time an export is run WP All Export will notify Zapier and send some information, like the export file itself, the export ID, the number of records exported, the post type, etc.
You can set up filters in Zapier so this specific task only runs when a specific export is run, or if this is an export of WooCommerce orders, or if your export contains more than 100 records, or whatever you want.
Get started with Zapier right now:
Other new features in WP All Export.
Zapier support arrives in WP All Export 1.2.0 along with the following features:
- Only export data once: With this feature enabled each run of the export will only include data that hasn’t been already been exported by that export. This means that you can, for example, set up an export for WooCommerce orders and have it run automatcially once a week and only include the new orders that have been placed in the last week.
- Create a new file each time export is run: With this feature enabled WP All Export will create a new export file rather than overwriting the old one. This can be very helpful if you’re using the new ‘Only export data once’ feature.
- Split large exports into multiple files: A helpful feature for those of you with big databases, you can now split your CSVs into more a more manageable size.
- Save and reuse export templates: Just like WP All Import, you can now save, reuse, export, and import you WP All Export settings.
- Changes to export file names: Previously, the date that the export file was created was appended to the file name. Now, the export file name is always equal to the friendly name of the export. In future updates to WP All Export we’re going to introduce some features to allow for customizable, dynamic file names.