To bulk upload variable products in WooCommerce, you can use the default product importer or a plugin like WP All Import. The main advantages of using WP All Import are its high levels of flexibility and control, which let you handle any variable product upload, no matter how complex.
Specifically, this plugin offers the following:
- It doesn't care how your import file is organized, as its Drag & Drop interface lets you map any incoming data element to any WooCommerce product field.
- Your data doesn't have to be rigidly formatted because the plugin allows you to modify it during the import. This is especially important when importing variable products.
- It automatically recognizes custom fields added by third-party plugins and themes, so you can easily include them in your import.
- It gives you granular control over every aspect of the variable product import process, including handling images and taxonomies, filtering data, scheduling uploads, etc.
- It can handle any type of WordPress or WooCommerce import or export, meaning you can use the same tool for all your import/export needs.
Preparing to Upload WooCommerce Variable Products
As mentioned, you don't have to worry about how your import file is organized or the data format used in incoming fields. However, if you are planning to overwrite existing information, then importing variable products becomes much riskier. As such, you should always back up your WooCommerce store before continuing.
Steps to Bulk Upload Variable Products in WooCommerce
- Install the Pro versions of WP All Import and the WooCommerce Add-On.
- Go to All Import > New Import and choose how you want to import your data. You have the option to upload a file, use an existing file already on your server, or download a file from a URL or FTP/SFTP site.
- Select your import file.
- Choose your import target. In this case, choose WooCommerce Products.
- Map the incoming data elements to your WooCommerce product fields using drag & drop. This is the heart of the import process. When importing variable products, you must pay special attention to the product Attributes and product Variations tabs.
- Run the import and check the results to make sure the variable products have been imported correctly.
Bulk Uploading WooCommerce Variable Products — Related Documents
How to Import WooCommerce Products
Are you looking for information on how to import WooCommerce products in general? If so, this document is for you. It will not only give you a general description of the process used to import products, but also a detailed description of all product-related fields. A must-have for any WooCommerce product import!
Bulk Edit WooCommerce Products Using Any Spreadsheet
A complete description of WP All Import's product bulk edit features and capabilities.
How To Import Variable Products in WooCommerce
This is our formal documentation on how to import variable products in WooCommerce. In addition to walking you through an import example, it also provides highly detailed instructions on how to configure the product Attributes and product Variations tabs.
How To Import a Variable Product in WooCommerce
An article very similar to this one. The content is quite similar, but it never hurts to have different ways of describing and explaining important topics!
Synching WooCommerce Product Stock Levels
Need to sync your product stock levels with an inventory count or the latest information from suppliers? Here are your instructions on how to do just that, including specific instructions on how to handle WooCommerce variable products.
Synching WooCommerce Product Prices
Product stock levels aren't the only information that requires regular updates. Product prices can change, too, especially if those prices are being set by your suppliers. In this document, we show you how to update prices. As with stock levels, you can apply these processes to product variations, too.
How to Export WooCommerce Variable Products
Sometimes, you not only need to import WooCommerce variable products. You also need to export them. This document will show you how, including specific instructions on handling product attributes and product variations.
How to Export Variable Products in WooCommerce
A shorter, quicker version of the preceding article.
How to Export a Product Variation in WooCommerce
A short article on how to export a single product variation in WooCommerce.
Exporting WooCommerce Products to the Google Merchant Center
Everyone likes to expand their sales reach. One of the most effective ways of doing this is to upload a product feed from your WooCommerce store to the Google Merchant Center. When doing this, you may have to deal with variable products. That's where this article comes in to give you complete instructions on how to generate a product feed for the Google Merchant Center.
A Complete Guide to Exporting and Importing WooCommerce Products
Sometimes, it's nice to have all the required information in one place. When it comes to exporting and importing WooCommece products, this massive 4,800-word article does just that. Don't worry — you don't have to read it all. Its table of contents will let you jump to the exact product import or export information that you're seeking.
Bulk Editing WooCommerce Products
Looking to bulk edit your existing WooCommerce products instead of uploading new product information? This document shows you how to achieve this goal using your favorite spreadsheet application. It also shows you to import the bulk edited product information using just a few clicks.
How to Migrate WooCommerce Products to a Different Website
Yup, another way to conveniently move your WooCommerce product data around, including how to migrate product variations. As with the bulk edit process, migrating WooCommerce product data is a breeze, especially the product import part of the process.