WordPress Export Settings
To change the settings of an existing export, go to Manage Exports › Export Settings. You can change the filtering options, scheduling options, and settings related to the structure of the export file.
These settings can also be adjusted when creating a new export.
Here you can change existing filters, or add new ones. Your export will apply the new filters when it runs again.
Read more about filtering options: https://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/export-data-filtering/
Export can be run automatically on a schedule in a few different ways.
- Do Not Schedule: selected by default.
- Automatic Scheduling: select to use our Automatic Scheduling Service.
- Manual Scheduling: select to use cron jobs.
The Advanced Options section contains various settings that control how files are exported and structured.
- In each iteration, process X records: Exports are processed in batches. Each batch, or iteration, processes a certain number of records. If the iteration takes longer than your server's timeout setting, then the export will fail.
- Only export Posts once: Every time the export is run records that have been previously exported by this export will be ignored. Only new records will be exported.
- Only export Posts that have been modified since last export: Every time the export is run, records will only be included if they have been modified since the last time this export has been run.
- Include BOM in export file: The BOM, or byte order mark, is required by software like Excel in some cases when special non-English characters are included in the exported data.
- Create a new file each time export is run: When enabled, WP All Export will generate a new file every time that you re-run the export. The old files will not be removed, and the new file's name will include the time that the export was run.
- Split large exports into multiple files: Specify the maximum number of records to include in each file.
- Allow non-admins to run this export in Client Mode: Allow users with access to Client Mode to run this export and download the export file. Read more about Client Mode: https://www.wpallimport.com/documentation/how-to-let-clients-run-wordpress-exports/
- Friendly Name: Rename the export, displaying a custom name on the Manage Exports page.